Terms and Conditions
In this User Agreement:
"Account" means the account associated with your email address.
"Student" means any parent, carer or Student aged 18 years or over
"Terms" means the Terms and Conditions of use of this website.
"Tutor" means any person aged 18 or over who registers on this website or any education, tutoring, tuition centre establishment or entity that registers on this website for the purpose of advertising Tutoring services.
"Tutor Profile" means the advertising information on this website provided by the
Tutor intending to inform Students about the Tutor’s qualifications, experience, appearance and other information.
"Tutoring" means a teaching service provided by a Tutor.
"User" means a person who uses our Website (whether or not they have registered an account with us).
"Website" means the Website on the domain https://www.UKTutorsRegistry.com
- By accessing this Website, you agree to the following Terms with UKTutorsRegistry®. You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference. We amend these Terms from time to time. Please check here for the date on which the Terms are updated. These Terms were most recently updated on 1/7/2017. These Terms are only available in the English language.
- UKTutorsRegistry® is not an agency. Rather it is a website where Students can find Tutors who advertise their services.
- UKTutorsRegistry® is an online publication which accepts advertising from Tutors. Tutors advertising on our website do not pay us an introduction fee or commission for the services they provide Students.
- If you're over 18 years of age, you can find Tutors on our website free of charge and without the need to log in. All Student payments to Tutors are private arrangements between Students and Tutors.
- We are not a party to any contractual agreements between Students and Tutors either online or otherwise. Rather, we merely facilitate connections between the parties.
- This Website is owned by Excelr8 Learning (UK) Limited, a company registered in England and Wales: company number 6455357. Our registered office is Broadway House, 149-151 St Neots Rd, Hardwick, Cambridge CB23 7QJ.
- If you have any queries, you may contact us using our online submission form at https://www.uktutorsregistry.com/contact or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to our registered office address as above.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ALL USERS
- The information you provide during the sign-up process and all edits you make to your account after you register are accurate.
- When you register for a Student or Tutor account on UKTutorsRegistry®, you are required to provide an email address. You understand that UKTutorsRegistry® will send emails to this address for various reasons.
- To register for a Student or Tutor account you must be at least 18 years old.
TERMS OF BUSINESS AGREEMENT
a.We advise Tutors to use a written Terms of Business agreement that sets out all the arrangements and establishes boundaries. Such agreements normally specify the Tutor’s fees and Terms of Business including:
a.i. the Tutor’s contact details;
a.ii. when and how the fees are to be paid;
a.iii. what happens if the Tutor arrives and you are not ready for the agreed lesson;
a.iv. what happens if the Tutor is unable to attend an agreed lesson;
a.v. how much notice Students will be required to give when intending to end lessons.
b. If the Tutor doesn't use a written agreement, to avoid future misunderstandings, Students may wish to suggest using one.
c. The Terms of Business agreement are for Students and Tutors to negotiate. This means that any agreements Students make are with Tutors and not with The UKTutorsRegistry®. See sample Terms of Business.
WHAT IF I HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT A TUTOR?
- UKTutorsRegistry® does not have any control over what happens once Students and Tutors decide to meet in person. If a Student experiences behaviour that might be harmful to other Students, please contact us using our contact form. It is essential full details are provided. At our sole discretion we may remove the Tutor’s profile from our website.
- Important: UKTutorsRegistry® will not get involved in any disputes between Students and Tutors.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
- You may link to our website home page or other pages on our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you, with the exception of forums.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
- You may close your Account at any time. The option is located in the Account Settings.
- We may retain some of your personal information to satisfy regulatory requirements and our own external obligations. Closing your account does not necessarily delete or remove all of the information we hold.
UKTutorsRegistry® RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To help Tutors and Students meet, by allowing Tutors to advertise their tuition services.
- To maintain a functioning Website and communication systems
- To communicate any planned maintenance of the Website or downtime.
- To reasonably endeavour to keep the site free from viruses and worms.
- To investigate complaints to a reasonable degree by promptly informing Students and Tutors of issues raised and allowing them to represent themselves by email.
- To take precautions we consider reasonable to protect Student’s and Tutor’s information. UKTutorsRegistry® cannot be held liable for unauthorised access to information by Students or Tutors.
- Users of our Website are responsible for their own security both online and offline.
- Tutors are solely responsible for the content they post on the Website, including messages sent which must not be defamatory, offensive or illegal.
- Students must exercise their own judgement regarding the accuracy of information provided by Tutors on the Website.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- If you are a User, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
a.i. there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents;
a.ii. such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable by both parties;
a.iii. such loss or damage is caused by you, for example by not complying with this agreement.
- The limitations on our liability to you above shall apply whether or not we, our related entities, our affiliates or staff have been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages arising.
- Notwithstanding the above provisions, nothing in this User Agreement is intended to limit or exclude any liability on the part of us and our affiliates and related entities where and to the extent that applicable law prohibits such exclusion or limitation.
GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of the United Kingdom.
- if any clause or part of these terms and conditions are found to be unenforceable in law, the other terms and conditions will remain in force.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR STUDENTS
In addition to the Terms and Conditions for all registered users, individuals who register for a Student Account also acknowledge the following:
- Tutors that advertise on the website are not screened by UKTutorsRegistry®. UKTutorsRegistry® does not verify the accuracy of the information Tutors provide about themselves on the Website.
- Anyone who uses UKTutorsRegistry® to find a Tutor is responsible for making sure the Tutor they choose has the appropriate experience and qualifications and for verifying references and conducting background checks as appropriate. See also: Safety Advice for Students.
- Students may register for free on UKTutorsRegistry®.
- Students can ask Tutors to contact them directly for the purpose of obtaining Tutoring services. Using UKTutorsRegistry® for any other purpose is prohibited.
- UKTutorsRegistry® reserves the right to cancel your account at any time.
- UKTutorsRegistry® takes no responsibility for the actions of Students or Tutors and is solely responsible for its own actions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TUTORS
In addition to the Terms and conditions for all registered users, Tutors who register for a Tutor Account also acknowledge the following:
- You are not an employee of UKTutorsRegistry®, and are solely responsible for your own actions both on and off the Website.
- You must be legally entitled (possessing the relevant immigration status) to work in the UK on a self-employed basis.
- As a Tutor who is advertising on UKTutorsRegistry®, you must follow all instructions for submitting your Tutor Profile.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the personal information you provide on the Website is accurate and in no way misleading. You must update this information to maintain its accuracy.
- You may register for free on UKTutorsRegistry® and make use of the facilities provided including creating your own personal Tutor Profile.
- UKTutorsRegistry® must approve your Tutor Profile before it will be posted live on the website.
- UKTutorsRegistry® does not permit the display of any sexual, drug related, illegal or gambling content on the website.
- Your Tutor Profile may be edited by UKTutorsRegistry® for any reason before it is posted to the website.
- UKTutorsRegistry® has the right to reject your Tutor Profile for any reason. If your Tutor Profile is rejected, it will not be posted on the website.
- You do not have to sign a contract when you advertise with UKTutorsRegistry®.
- You must use your own judgement about whether you wish to offer your tuition services to each individual Student. Tutors should take every precaution to ensure that they work in a safe environment and are responsible for their own insurance policies to cover the work they undertake.
- You are responsible for setting your own fees.
- Tutors agree that they will be ranked on the UKTutorsRegistry® Website. Positive Student ratings, prompt messaging, repeat bookings and a greater amount of lessons taught will contribute to tutors being ranked higher on our search engine results.
- UKTutorsRegistry® charges fees for optional, additional services. Payment for such services is entirely optional but must be paid monthly and in British Pounds when paid.
- You can cancel your account at any time using the option located in your user panel.
- You can cancel any optional monthly payments for additional services at any time. No refunds will be given for any payments made.
- In no event (including our own negligence) will we be liable for any:
- economic losses (including, without limit, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings);
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- special, indirect or consequential losses; or
- damage to or loss of data (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such losses).
- You will indemnify us against all claims and liabilities directly or indirectly related to your use of the Website and/or breach of this agreement.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us with respect to its subject matter and supercedes any previous communications or agreements between us. We both acknowledge that there have been no misrepresentations and that neither of us has relied on any pre-contractual statements. Liability for misrepresentation (excluding fraudulent misrepresentation) relating to the terms of this agreement is excluded.